Sunday, September 21, 2008

Oktoberfest and Aggie football

Who doesn't love all of the festivals this time of year? One of the Steiner family's favorites is Addison's annual Oktoberfest, one of the largest outside of the main one in Munich. I've been to the real one, and I have to admit that the Addison one comes pretty close. David likes it so much that he has been known to go each day during annual four-day event!

This year, we only went twice! Thursday, we met up with my friend/colleague Daniela who is from Berlin (definitely not Bavaria!) and her boyfriend Philippe. Then, on Friday, we met up with some other good friends and colleagues from David's office. The weather was perfect, and we had a great time hanging out and catching up with everyone.

On Saturday, we headed down to Aggieland for the Miami game. We rolled into town pretty early since I had an ADPi house corporation meeting. But as soon as that was over, we got picked up by Greg, Dana and Doug, and went to Olsen Field to tailgate with a sorority sister and her husband, Sarah and Matt Pearson. I think this was my first time to truly tailgate at an Aggie game, and I loved it! So much more relaxing than trying to cram into a restaurant on Northgate before the game. Thanks, Sarah and Matt! We had a fun time...let's do it again!
Here are some pics from our fun weekend.

-T

Prost! David enjoyed his beer and pretzel

Daniela and Tracy


With Doug on Friday night


Carmen biting off more she could chew!

Our tailgate hosts, Sarah and Matt

The ADPi's




Prairie View A&M performed at half-time, and they were awesome! They even spelled out TAMU, so I had to get a pic.

No comments: